Every organization can quickly hire engineers and developers. But the challenge begins when they start looking for leaders and managers. Such talents need to have multiple skills including multitasking ability, think out of the box, and above all can learn things in an agile manner. As an organization knows the five factors that add value to your leaders.
- Mental Agility – To have a leader with the right learning agility begins with being mentally alert. Mental alertness and being intelligent or smart differs. A person with strong psychological skill will have a curiosity to learn things about various aspects of the business. This need not require any training, but they will gain information from everything starting from the newspaper, books, and TED talks. A person who is agile in learning will continuously show interest in education, and that makes a great leader.
- People Agility–The agile leader will prefer to have people with the versatile environment surrounding them. Unlike others might like only the company of like-minded people. Leaders cannot stay in a shell and must have an open attitude. Just then people can work with in making the goal of the company come true. Therefore an agile leader must embrace people from different aspects and take the organization goal to the next level.
- Change Agility – Leaders with the ability to change things in working environment are known as agile. They can make changes not only in a difficult situation but always must make things happen. Such leaders will try variations with or without cost. They will work some pilot projects and somehow bring in changes for good in the organization.
- Result Agility –The people who have high result agility will not seek excuse at any time of work. They will deliver the best on-time and every time. These leaders will drive the entire team to focus on the result. Such people will become an asset to the company and find oriented work will always fetch the right outcome.
- Self-Awareness – Knowing oneself will not only help their growth but the company growth as well. Being aware of oneself will give confidence,and that becomes the first step towards success. Agile leaders will take decisions confidently. Just letting them know the job will do and they will plan for the rest. From finding the resource, managing funds, allocating work, getting work done, and final delivery, everything will fall into place. The leaders will have confidence in their action.
Thus, to look for an agile leader, you can check for their agility of the five factors as described above. These things will help the company to bring the right leader. When the hiring of a leader happens correctly, then the majority of the problem will get resolved. The company can focus on the business plan etc. These agile leaders will micromanage things and offload the workload of the top management.
In a nutshell,quick learning ability will help both the firm and the individual to move forward in their career goal successfully.